Storyline 2 variables not working in Storyline 360

Jul 05, 2018

I am converting Storyline 2 courses to Storyline 360. The courses include a simple variable in the slide template to show current page out of total pages as shown here "Page %currentSlide% of %totalSlides%". This works fine if a course is published from Storyline 2, but completely disappears in Storyline 360. I have checked the variable list and don't see anything wrong. I have just nowupdated to the latest version of Storyline 360 (3.17.16188.0), published again and it still is not showing up. I need to resolve this today. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

2 Replies
Dawn Chamberlin

I have found the answer to the problem of the variables on the master slide not displaying. You need to make sure the text box is set to "Do not autofit." I have included a sample Storyline file for anyone who needs to see how to set up a "Page # of total slides" for their slides. You do need to open the "Manage project variables" panel and set the "totalSlides" number to match the number of slides in your project.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.