Storyline 2009 - Trigger Wizard Value Text - Two Bugs

Dec 23, 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm using Storyline 2012 update 4 and I found two bugs with the Trigger Wizard Value text.

These may not appear to be very serious in regards Course design, however these are serious bugs in regards to Localization and Translation.

First Bug - Find and Replace

The Find and Replace does not work with text inside the Trigger Wizard Value text. This caught me by surprise when I had to make some global text fixes. Is this fixed in the next Storyline realse?

Second Bug - Translation Export\Import

I have a number of courses, and it seems that a lot of the text inside Trigger Wizard Value text did not get exported into the Word Doc. I could not narrow down the cause, I'm sure there is a specific reason, but it seemed to be random.

Also I ran into some other issues where translated text did not get imported into Slide text objects.

I can send you some courses samples if you like.

Thanks,

Anthony.

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anthony,

First, I want to confirm that you're using Storyline which was initially released in 2012 (we're on update 4 currently), you may be thinking of Presenter 09 with that title.  

In regards to the Trigger Wizard Value text not being found within a "find and replace", that is only searching slide text and notes text, not within the trigger panel or the variable default text. 

In regards to the text not being translated, we'd want to take a look at what parts were and were not translated. Are you able to share your .story file here with us? If you'd prefer to share it privately you can send it here. 

Anthony Fitzgerald

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, sorry I did mean Storyline 2012, update 4. I have edited the post above to fix this ; -)

In regards to the "find and replace", it would be great if you could suggest to your developers to find text everywhere, and not just in the slide and notes text. Thanks.

In regards to the Missing text,  I'll upload my story project shortly.

Cheers and thanks again,

Anthony.

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning, Anthony!

Thank you very much for sharing the case number :)

I see that Cleo is working with this case and that he was able to to get this working on his end. However, I don't see a response from you, so I'm not sure if you're still having trouble with this. 

I understand it's a busy time of year, so it may be that you just haven't had a chance to try this out yet. However, if for some reason you haven't seen Cleo's message, please try checking your spam folders or filters. 

If you still cannot find his message, just let me know. I can see if we can send it out again. If you're still having trouble, please respond to Cleo's message so he can continue working with you.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.