Storyline 3 & 360 Cross-version Compatibility?

Apr 04, 2017

Hi everyone,

Just received the announcement for SL3's launch in my inbox—very exciting news!

I have a quick question regarding compatibility between SL3 and SL360. Would users be able to share files between these new versions of SL? I imagine it'd prove difficult, if at all possible, given the on-going update schedule for A360, compared to what we've seen in the past with perpetual version updates.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

You've got it Matthew - Storyline 360 projects can be opened and edited with Storyline 3 except when they include new features that exist only in Storyline 360. Storyline 3 projects can always be opened and edited with Storyline 360. We think this is the best way to help customers who need to exchange projects between the perpetual version and subscription version (which will always be more feature-rich) of Storyline.

Let us know if you need anything else! 

Hi Kimberly,

Today Storyline 3 has all the features that Storyline 360 has with the exception of elements that are a part of the Articulate 360 subscription such as content library and Review. We don't yet have a list to share of where the feature sets will diverge, but as soon as we know we'll share with folks in the community so that you've got the most up to date info, especially if sharing projects between the two tools.

Hi Math,

In addition to Storyline 360, with your Articulate 360 subscription you'd have access to:

• Review
  • Content Library
  • Studio 360 (Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker)
  • Rise 
  • Peek
  • and Articulate Live sessions

You can also see the specifics of Storyline 360 compared to Storyline 3 here, and more features are being added to Storyline 360 regularly! If you want to talk through specifics of what tools would fit your needs, our Sales team is happy to help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.