Storyline 3 / 360 Player not keeping template colors

Nov 13, 2017

When I preview my customized player, everything looks great - the font is the correct size and color, and the player itself is black. Then when I publish, the resultant player is a medium grey in color, and the font is too big. The player titles (Menu, Resources) are cut off at the top.

I tried this across browsers, and got the same result. Flash is not an option.

Is this a known issue?

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Katt.  After you publish your course, where are you hosting it?  Are you opening your course right from the published output folder, or do you upload it to a web server?

If you are seeing this behavior after uploading it to a live environment, I'm happy to test out your .story file.  You can add it as an attachment here!

Katt B

Hi, Crystal. Here is a slide made with the player.

I publish the output to a local drive to make sure it is "perfect" before passing on an LMS version to clients who upload it to their servers.

I have used Storyline 1 - 2 - 3 - 360... this is the first time I've experienced this issue.

Hopefully, it is just something simple I am missing... thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for the sample file, Katt! This is definitely odd. Have a look at my testing here--the player looks correct in the Flash output, but it appears gray and the tabs are cut off in the HTML5 output.

I'll share this with our Support Engineers to investigate further. They'll do some more testing and reach out to you via email soon!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Katt!

I took a peek into your case this morning, and I wanted to share Renato's reply here for anyone else who runs into a similar issue in the future:

It appears the player turns to grey if the transparency is not set to 0% in the Base > Main background. When I change the transparency of the Base > Main Background the HTML5 is retaining the black color. Please see the Peek recording I created here.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out in this thread to to Renato in your case!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.