StoryLine 3

Apr 04, 2017

Sorry to bother everyone. I don't remember seeing Storyline 3 offered. Has it been available for some time now? Is it part of 360 or can you purchase it separately?

Thank you,

12 Replies
Russell Still

I see that SL3 includes the same type of auto-reformatting for tablets and phones as does SL360. Is there a way to turn this OFF? I have courses that run on tablets and already assume the standard (old-style) screen format. I can't use SL3 if it automatically redesigns my tablet screens. (I don't care about phones.)

Comments from the SL3 team?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David, 

The new responsive player is HTML5 output - so it'll play within the browser on your mobile device, and these are the browsers we support for Storyline 3. 

As for the Articulate Mobile player, that's still around as an option and something you'd need to have an LMS with Tin Can API enabled and you'd likely only need to use it over the HTML5 content if you were using something like FLV videos (which aren't supported in HTML5). 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Dave, 

Wendy is on target that Storyline 3 is a separate installation and license from Storyline 2 (just as Storyline 2 was from Storyline 1). As for the pricing, there are existing loyalty discounts for current customers, or if you had purchased a Platinum membership plan there is an upgrade that you could have purchased ahead of time. Our Success team will be happy to discuss with you! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.