Storyline 3 changing audio file names

Oct 22, 2019


I've recently started using Storyline 3 (upgraded from 2) and noticed an odd issue. More often than not, when I import an audio file, then hover over the audio track on the timeline, I find that Storyline has changed the name of the file. Please see attached image for an example. 

This is causing problems, as I really need to know the original file name in order to keep track of what file goes where.

Sometimes it leaves the original file name and I have no idea why.

Any idea how to resolve this?

UPDATE: It appears to be changing the file name whenever I open a file in the audio editor and perform any type of edit. If I don't open the file in the audio editor, it leaves the file name alone.


- Jennifer

2 Replies
Katie Riggio

Thank you for sharing that screenshot, Jennifer! I'm so sorry you've come across this problem.

We have an open issue in Storyline 3 where the audio file name does not update when it is replaced in the timeline using the audio editor.

For now, the workaround is to delete the audio file and reinsert it back to the slide. I understand it's a bit of reworking, so please let us know if you need a hand! I'll also keep you posted with any changes to the bug!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.