Showing "Invalid Answer - You must complete the question before submitting" in Storyline 3

Feb 27, 2018

Hello Guys,

I am getting this issue while I publishing my course for HTML5 with Flash fallback with SL3. Initally it was designed by SL1 and worked fine there. Actually this is happening for all options of HTML5.

Also story file is not even opened in google chrome. it shows an error like below:

It is opening in other browser (firefox) correctly but it shows below error after submitting all quiz.

Can you please see my story file on the attachment and update me where is the problem. It would be really helpful if someone please help me. I have gone through couple of threads but no luck.

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Uttam! Happy to help here.

It sounds like you're seeing two different problems here, so let's address them one at a time.

1. Content not playing in Chrome

When you're viewing the published Storyline 3 content in Chrome, are you viewing it locally?

If so, you probably noticed that the local playback isn't working correctly since the latest Chrome update.

The good news is, our team is working on a fix in Storyline 3 (we already rolled one out to Storyline 360). I'll let you know here as soon as that fix is ready! 
  2. Invalid Answer Error

I see that Wendy helped you with this problem over in this thread, and it looks like you got it sorted out. Let me know if you have any other questions on that! 
Leslie McKerchie

Great news!  We just released Update 3 for Storyline 3. This includes quite a few important fixes and some new features as well. Check out all the details in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Local playback of published story no longer working in Chrome version 64

Be sure to download and install the latest version of Storyline 3.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.