Storyline 3 Issues
I had an issue with errors in the tables created in SL2 when publishing test questions to MS Word. This problem was fixed in SL3 so I upgraded from SL2 to SL3 - let the problems begin! Here is a list of issues that I have wasted days trying to correct:
- The wipe animation does not work when a story is published to CD. This is attributed to problems with HTML5 and Internet Explorer. This did not exist in SL2.
- The missing fonts warning pops up on every storyline project looking for the Helvetica font even though it is not used in the project. This does not occur in SL2
- I previously used a javscript function to "print" a certificate at the end of a lesson. That no longer works properly - shows a blank screen. This worked properly in SL2.
- The display is slightly blurred when working on a project. Not as pronounced in SL2.
- "Learn more about XXX" error. This link aways goes to a page that says "we can't find the page you are looking for". Works fine in SL2.
- The "Copy Layer" button was removed from SL3. Not a major issue but a loss of a convenient feature.
Although these issues are "addressed" in the discussions on the forum, some do not have resolution. I am currently feeling that I wasted the money for the upgrade which has caused more issues than it fixed for me. I have spent days of production time working on these issues that I did not have in SL2. I am not a happy camper with SL3.