Storyline 360

Dec 06, 2016

Hi,

I guess this 'project corrupt data' will never leave me. I have got it twice in storyline 360 now. 

After I import my slides into a new file, some slides don't get imported and all the links in the custom menu vanishes. I have just one more day to deliver my files to the client.

Is there anyway out of this issue.

3 Replies
Sajna Thomas

Hi Crystal,

When i worked on a different PC, I didn't get the issue and I also could import the slides that didn't get imported in my PC. I don't know how all this happens. But I was glad I could finish on time.

Let me tell you, even earlier when I worked on my PC that one video slide gave me a problem. It didn't throw the error the moment I saved the file but later after building many more slides and saving many times, one fine day, the file corrupt data threw up. When I imported the slides to a new file I noticed that one video slide didn't get imported. But after many tries, It did get imported. I just don't understand why this weird behavior happens.

Thanks

Sajna 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sajna!

Sounds like you are identifying a problematic slide. Have you tried to re-create that slide to see if it alleviates your issue?

File corruption is unpredictable, and there's no straightforward way to determine what causes it. Common causes are environmental (disk errors, power outages, improper shutdowns), viruses, failed Windows updates, and even file size (i.e., very large files have a higher risk of corrupting). Consider using the preventative measures described in this article to protect your project files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.