Storyline 360 | Accessibility not working well

Sep 24, 2020

Hi  Simon,

I was used the accessibility tab ordering in our course with the latest version of storyline 3 and publishing it on storyline 360 v3.42.22792.0 - tried all other versions as well, when we are using Jaws 2019 reader and using on up/down arrow keys it's reading blank for each click in the on-screen content and pop used created in the layer when the pop got open and jaws reader start reads from the beginning of the onscreen content.
I tried all the latest versions available in the articulate 360 got the same result.
We have to release 10 modules the first week of Oct 2020 and we are facing the same issue with 4 modules, kindly help us on that one of my colleague is suggested to try this v3.35.21017.0 version. how to switch back to this version please help me with that asap.

Thank you so much.

Karthikeyan M

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Karthikeyan!

It sounds like what you're seeing is an issue with JAWS 2019 fixed in JAWS 2020. In the release notes for JAWS 2020, it states:

• Added a new JAWS Settings Center option called "Skip Blank Lines While Navigating" which is on by default when reading web pages and PDF documents. This feature helps make reading more efficient as JAWS and Fusion ignores blank lines as you navigate using UP and DOWN ARROW. For those who prefer to hear blank lines while navigating, open Settings Center (INSERT+6) and clear this check box. You can find this new option in the Web / HTML / PDF group under Reading.

I'd recommend updating JAWS to take advantage of the new bug fixes and features released in JAWS 2020.

Karthikeyan Murugesan

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for your reply! It's helping me a lot and for this issue "pop up used created in the layer when the pop got open and jaws reader starts reads from the beginning of the onscreen content". you are not replied, please share your solution on that.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan M

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.