Storyline 360 - Actual Manual PDF vs. Online User Guide?

Dec 15, 2018

Hi Folks,

First time poster!  My head is spinning with how much there is to learn as someone who is brand new to Storyline.  I've found the online User Guide with all the links, but I'm looking for an actual PDF I can download and print to pair with some Lynda.com courses, etc.  The only PDF I see on the website is here, but it was last updated on October 5, 2016.  The User Guide appears to have been updated in November 2018, but there's no PDF.  

Can anyone point me to a full manual?  Does one come with the full version once you buy it?    

Thanks in advance!

Best, 
Jackie

11 Replies
Jackie No

Thank you, Leslie!  I'm trying to figure out a way to create the most efficient way to learn everything, while also having a working manual that lets me learn advanced things once I'm ready.  It's hard to know as a beginner which resources will help me learn the deepest! 

I'm setting up a spreadsheet based on how the user manual is organized so that I can strategically see everything I need to learn how to do, and also create little skill practices for myself.  But I will definitely be starting with your tutorials.  Thank you!

jane  not a pain

Hi all

I have just added this as a product feature request...

I have noticed a few people requesting user guides that are updated, or in a PDF style etc. There are a lot of fantastic resources in the community, based on a growing organic style. This is a great thing. Keep it!

But like some others, I often feel overwhelmed and confused with Articulates user guides, webinars, discussion forums. There are so many rabbit holes with great tips but it is so easy to get lost and distracted in there! And only such much time in the day.

So I would like to suggest an Articulate Storyline 360 version of Microsoft's "Microsoft search text entry box".

Check out Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint (Word and Excel) which have this feature already.

All Articulate products could have this feature. Its very helpful and useful for on the spot work.

Its a static search box located at the top of the ribbon for all tabs. It allows the user to type in any term for an action they need, such as "shape", and a drop down list appears for them to select from

This live drop down list displays the actual action/s, and documents, and help links, and takes them straight to it.

It is a text entry based live shortcut rather than a visual static one such as the QAT(quick access toolbar)

It doesn't require any setup, nor take up screen real estate, or add to visual clutter.

Its great when you blank and want to find something without jumping around trying to find it. It takes you straight there. Sort of a much more powerful and dynamic version of right clicking on screen for the mini toolbar

Also as well offering the action instantly, it offers you more background information to improve your knowledge and skills, such as user guides, online articles etc

Best of all it offers in situ, while you are working so you don't have to jump all over the place.

For those of us who want a more structured immediate resource, this would be a great addition too. Something at your fingertips so to speak.

Also this would be great for all Articulate products such as Rise, Peek etc

I have attached 2 screenshots.

Thanks
Jane

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that feature request, Jane.

I wanted to mention that we retired the outdated getting started tutorials and launched the new Articulate 360 Training website, which has hundreds of on-demand videos and live webinars. Articulate 360 Training is included with your subscription. I know it's not a pdf, but I’d love to hear what you think about the new training website

Allen Clark

Note also that the online tutorials are tutorials, not reference material.  A ready reference for quick reminders (how did I do this before?) is essential.  The original SL user guide was fairly comprehensive, but has simply not been maintained for subsequent releases.

For SL3 users, there is neither a guide nor any tutorial/training website.  Forgotten again.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Allen,

There is a user guide for Storyline 3 which you can find here. You'll find all our user guides and tutorials linked from the Learn drop down as Articulate Tutorials and User Guides here. 

With all the updates and changes to Storyline 360 and Storyline 3 since their release, we've maintained the online user guides vs. creating a PDF file or similar for download. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.