Storyline 360 and issues with multimedia content/animations

May 05, 2017

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask my question(s); I am in the process of convincing "my people" to get our small team of eLearning developers 360 subscriptions but a vendor is reporting issues.

"[...] the team indicated that with Articulate 360, the nav bar appeared on the right but the controls are at the bottom… this is not a huge problem. But the videos and the animations did not load properly, which was the determining factor that drove the decision to revert the course back to Articulate Storyline II."

Unfortunately that's all the info I can get right now. I don't have access to their source file so I can't confirm the problems really exist and are related to Storyline 360 but maybe you guys have heard of similar issues  with the course player and multimedia files/animations not playing properly and maybe those have already been addressed? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Alexander!

No apologies necessary--you're in the right place!

It sounds like your file has custom navigation buttons at the bottom of the slide, is that correct? The responsive player will appear on the right side of the mobile screen in landscape view if you've enabled player features such as the menu, resource tab, etc.  If you disable all player features, the responsive player will disappear.

We're making improvements to Storyline 360 all the time, including improvements to published videos in Update 4 (we're on Update 5 now).  As long as you're viewing the course from a supported mobile browser, we'd expect a smooth experience. If you run across a snag with video or animations that doesn't seem right, we'd be happy to take a look! You can send us a file anytime by clicking here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.