Storyline 360 and SAP SuccessFactors LMS Integration

May 10, 2018

Hi.  I am new to Storyline 360, and I am having issues recording completion using SCORM 1.2 or AICC.  Any whitepapers out there or someone using SuccessFactors that could coach me or guide me in the right direction?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

4 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to Storyline 360 and the community, Michael – glad you're here 🌟

Storyline will communicate course completion to an LMS when the learner meets the completion requirement – either when they view a specific number of slides, reach a course completion trigger, or reach a quiz result slide.

If you're seeing recording completion issues, you can upload your course to SCORM Cloud to see how it behaves there, just to get a neutral baseline outside of SuccessFactors. Let us know if you need a hand in testing there!

I also found this Success Factors LMS and Storyline thread that may be of value to you. Fortunately, we've got quite a few folks in the community using SuccessFactors that may be able to chime in to assist. We'll be standing by if you need anything else!

Joe Dingwerth

HI. Our company has published Storyline 360 to SuccessFactors using SCORM 1.2, with the publish setting of "Flash with HTML5 fallback and AMP" for over a year now.  This publish setting did not play well on iPads so we recently switched to "HTML5 with Flash fallback and  AMP". It's better but we continue to have courses that don't play well on in iPad using the SuccessFactors app. We also have some courses that only work with certain browsers (only IE or only Chrome) on desktops. Our company uses both. Has anyone else run into this? We don't know if it's something in our Storyline 360 settings, or some incompatibility issue with SL 360 and SuccessFactors. I'd love to know what the recommended SL 360 publish settings are (for SCORM 1.2) and even what the SuccessFactors settings should be for Learning. Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the additional information.

Were you able to test any of the courses that you mention only work in certain browsers to see if you get the same results in SCORM Cloud as well?

I wanted to share our supported viewing environments, which is in our documentation here.

Hopefully, other SuccessFactors users will be able to chime in and share their best practices as well as any advice about the mobile app, which is not a supported viewing environment.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.