Storyline 360: Animations issues

Sep 04, 2019

Hello,

1- Since the last update, the animations of several objects can't be removed in bulk, like before.

I explain : when I select several objects, all of them having animations, and I click on "Animation" tab, then "Entry animation" (or i forgot the right translation in English), then "none",  it remove the animation only of one object. And I have to click on "None" the same number of time than the nomber of objects.

Before, I could select all the object, choosing "none animation", and i would remove the animations of all object in one shot.

2 - It appears now that changing an animation of an object actually cumulate the new animation with the previous animation. The object has now 2 animations.

Before, changing the animation would replace the previous animation of the object.

Thank you.

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for chiming in to share what you are running into with your animations.

We do have the first one documented. I've tagged this conversation as we track user impact and so that we can pop in and share an update when we can.

I've not seen the second one and I was unable to replicate in a quick test. Would you be able to record a quick Peek 360 video to walk me through the steps to replicate?  I'd be happy to take another look

Phil Mayor

I believe this is because you have fly in which defaults to from Botton and the the random bars animation is now entering from the bottom, you would need to change to none.

In a recent update articulate fixed the issue where timing changes and enter from information is reset when you change animation type.

Leslie, I think this may be a bug though, as the default (enter from bottom) has not been changed so really changing the animation should default to none (which is default for random bars).

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Philippe,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:
Fixed: Animations couldn't be removed from multiple objects all at once.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.