Storyline 360 Audio Editor - Replace selected with Silence - ERROR

Jul 13, 2017

Previously, I was able to drag and select a segment of my recorded audio and while having the segment selected, I could click the silence button, and see an instant result. After updating the latest Storyline 360 version today, I cannot do that. What's wrong?

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Terri,

Thanks for sharing that here! What I'm seeing is that it removed/silenced another section that I wasn't highlighting! Definitely a bug in that - so I'll report this to my team! 

From here, I’ll meet with my team to take a closer look so we can determine next steps. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course, if that’s the case, I’ll let you know! 

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue. Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry if it’s slowing you down.

Terri Smith

Exactly. As I repeated the steps and analyzed, I noticed "processing movement" in the controls after which the audio bar "auto refreshed" without changing the selected to silence, and with a random unselected section of my recording missing. 

Also, I didn't find direction about how to replace the selected audio with silence in the sl360 help documentation, only inserting silence.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Terri,

As Alyssa mentioned we have been able to determine this is a bug and our team is working on a fix. It appeared with Update 7 that the audio graph isn't rendering correctly in the editor. In playback you will see the audio not aligning correctly with the graph, and if you silence part of the audio it will silenced the wrong part of the audio.

We'll keep you posted once we've got some additional info! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.