Storyline 360 - Audio file plays only on first click

Feb 07, 2018

I created a button on a slide.  When the user clicks the button, an audio file plays.  But it only plays on the first click.  When I click again the audio does not play.  How do I set this up to make the audio replay on every click?

9 Replies
Allison Goldthorpe

Hi JC,

How long is the audio clip you're working with? The button won't play the audio again until the first clip finishes. If it's a short clip, the button with one trigger to start the audio should be enough. If it's a bit longer, you might consider a start/pause or start/stop set up.

I've attached a quick demo to show you what I mean.

Cheers,

Allison

Alyssa Gomez

Hi JC,

Sorry for the trouble you're having, but it's good to hear that the audio works correctly after the file is published. 

Your issue sounds really similar to a bug we're working on right now. Does your file happen to have a "when media completes" trigger? We're finding that a "when media completes" trigger isn't working correctly in Preview mode in Storyline 360.

If you'd like us to have a look at your file to verify that the problem is related to the bug I mentioned, please send it to us here. And if you can let me know your case number, I'll follow along. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.