Storyline 360: Audio Syncing issue by clicking play/pause button frequently.

May 22, 2019

Hi Team,

We need your help to rectify this issue.

We have created a page in Storyline 360 as per the below instructions: 

1. Created a new slide on the base layer.
  2. Created an animation on the timeline.
  3. Placed audio on the timeline which is sync with the animation.
  4. Created 2 custom buttons (play & pause).
  5. Assigned a trigger (resume timeline & pause timeline) on user click. 

So, when we launch the course after publishing then we are facing an issue with audio synching by clicking the play/pause button multiple times in one go. All the synching is getting messed up.

This issue is observing in all the browsers i.e. Chrome, Safari, etc. 

Note: This issue exists with the storyline 360 default player.

Hope you can help me with that.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Manish Agarwal

15 Replies
Manish Agarwal

It is pausing the audio and the entire slide as well but I don't know why the synching is breaking.

Yes, the tester can click play/pause multiple times.

For example, suppose you have 5 mins slide and for checking the audio synching, you will have to click play/pause button multiple times.

Note: This issue is not occurring with Storyline 2.

Brian Allen

Manish, that doesn't sound good, especially that it doesn't do it in SL2.

My second question though was do you think that the users actually consuming your course (NOT testers) will actually click the play/pause buttons multiple times on one slide, or do you think they're more likely to just let each slide play all the way through?

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Manish. Thanks for including your sample file. Clicking the play/pause button multiple times didn't cause the animation of the text to go out of sync for me here: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/90297475-cfdf-4c33-b46c-e46202d138b9/review

I will share this setup with my team so we can do further testing. You'll get an email from our support team with next steps!

Manish Agarwal

Hi Crystal,

Thank you so much for your support.

I have checked the course link which you have provided and yes, the synching is working fine as expected.

Also, we got several emails from the support team and they provided the test link and the source file. In the test link, it is working fine but when we publish the file at our end then again we are still facing the same issue. We are using the latest Storyline 360 Build 3.27.18822.0. Please suggest.

Moreover, we download your story_html5.html file from the test link which you provided with the help of developer tool and found that there is some difference in your file and our file. You are including the player-interface.js file but in our case, it is not included. However, when we apply this code in our file then the issue gets resolved.

See the difference below and let us know the reason.

Your story_html5.html file:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow"></head>
<body style="background: #F1F1F1" class="cs-HTML is-theme-classic" role="application">
<!-- 360 -->
<script id="360-player-interface" type="text/javascript" src="https://360.articulate.com/js/player-interface.js"></script>

Our story_html5.html file:

</head>
<body style="background: #F1F1F1" class="cs-HTML is-theme-classic" role="application">
<!-- 360 -->

Regards

Manish Agarwal

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Sunny. Thanks for checking in, and sorry you're at this obstacle!

Although I don't have an update on the issue where the animation of objects is getting delayed just yet, I promise to keep this discussion updated with any new information. Here's an inside look into how we tackle bugs.

In the meantime, we'd be happy to have a closer look at your project to explore any other custom approaches. If you're able to share the .story file, please use this private upload link. We'll let you know our findings, and will delete the file after troubleshooting!

Katie Riggio

Greetings, Taylor!

Thanks for bringing this up and for reaching out to our Engineers. I see my teammate, Ronaziel, logged a new bug:

• Behavior: A video will go out of sync with the timeline when the timeline is paused at certain points
  • Workaround: Split the video into segments.

I'll include this discussion in the report. That way, we can notify you of any changes on all fronts!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.