Storyline 360 cannot save project file

Feb 21, 2018

I'm using Articulate 360 and find that very often the project cannot save; and I get a fatal error that means the file can never be saved again. Im saving multiple vesrsions of files so I dont lose my progress, but its taking 10x longer than it should to do this. One of the errors I keep getting is This project file could not be saved. (see attachment)

7 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Rory!

I'm really sorry that you're running into that error, and I'm happy to help you get past this. A few questions to start:

• Can I confirm that you're working locally?  
  • Is this happening with only one project file, or with other files as well? If you see this behavior on multiple files, we might recommend to conduct a simple repair of Storyline 360.
  • Would you be able to send me one of your .story files for testing? You can add it as a comment clicking on Add Attachment below, or you can share it privately here.

I'll be standing by!

Tricia Ransom

Hi Rory,

SInce I've starting using SL360/SL3, I get this error every time. The only workaround I've been able to find, even after doing all of the steps in the "working locally" link above, is to save my projects directly to my desktop, then copy/paste the closed project to wherever it needs to live.

What this means is that my project should live at: C:\Egnyte\Shared\Training. However, since this isn't my desktop, I get that "project cannot be saved...." error message.

What I do is save projects to: C:\Users\transom\Desktop\TrainingStoryline. Then at the end of each day, I copy/paste that folder into the Training folder on Egnyte. Make sense?

And by the way, I get the error message even if I try to save the project to C:\Users\transom\Documents\My Articulate Projects

Amanda McC

With all due respect I have already contacted your technical department with this specific error message and was sent back a copy and paste of the usual protocols (not running off a drive etc). I have to ask what is the purpose of the error codes if your own developers are not able to translate them? It is a very specific error with enormous consequences for anyone using this software. I update and reinstall almost constantly, saving updated projects every hour or so, regularly copying and pasting slides into new, fresh projects (and having to change all the project settings every time) in case the original is somehow corrupted. I spend at least 40% of my time working around these bugs.  It cannot be borne for much longer. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.