Storyline 360 characters won't download

Dec 07, 2016

Good morning. I'm unable to download any of the trial version characters in Storyline 360. I've saved my project, closed, launched 360 again, and get the same behavior. The download bar moves but then it ends up with an orange circle with an exclamation point in the middle.

Thanks, Cheryl

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cheryl,

Are you still on the trial of Articulate 360? These characters are available during your 30-day free trial: 

Photographic: Al, Atsumi, Brandon, Laura 

Illustrated: Andrew, Arthur, Lily, Marilyn 

And when you subscribe, you get instant access to all the Content Library characters. If you're subscribed and you still can't download them, can you tell me if it works if you go direct to the Content Library page from 360.articulate.com and just from within Storyline 360 it doesn't work? 

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for that video and I misspoke about accessing them from the page within Content library, that's just a location to view them. Did you confirm you're connected to the internet when trying to download them? It acts as if the download will start but then will show you that Orange ! icon if you're not connected as the download isn't able to complete.

If you are connected can you tell me a bit more about your environment - what Windows OS are you using? Is Storyline installed on your machine or within a virtual machine (if you're using a Mac for example)? Is it only characters who cause this problem, what about any of the templates from content library? 

I'm going to ask our web team if they know of any other errors. So all other web based elements of Articulate 360 are working, just characters won't go through a full download? Do you know if it worked previously, and you successfully downloaded characters prior to today? Also have you tried inside Studio as well as Storyline? 

Cheryl Hoover

Today's the first day I've tried working in Storyline 360. I just tried a character in PowerPoint and the same thing.

This is a stupid question, but was there supposed to be a separate character pack install like there is in Storyline 2? Maybe my IT guy didn't install everything? It was pretty quick and easy when he was up here doing it.

Hi Cheryl,

I'm going to send you an email to start a support case, as our web team wants to pull some logs from your computer about what may be happening as it looks like the download gets pretty close to completion. Can you keep your eyes peeled for an email from our Support Engineers (it'll come from Support@articulate.com)? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.