Storyline 360 - Chrome HTML5 Video issue

I have the following situation.

There are 3 scenes and in two scenes I have on each 3 Videos in different layer.

When I test it locally it works just fine in Chrome.

When I upload it to my LMS it does not work (HTML5 version) with Chrome as it keeps hanging on the very first slide with a spinning wheel, however how long I keep it open.

It works with the FLASH version.

It also works perfectly with other browser in HTML5 and FLASH.

The interesting thing is:

When I delete just one video (don´t matter which one) it works.

I also tried to reduce filesize and to put everything in one scene. The issue remained the same.

The only thing which worked was to call every single video in a lightbox. But this is not a solution for me.

I have more courses which are built up similar and everyone has the same problem.

I am working with the latest version of SL360 and the latest version of Chrome.

Opened a case: #01010632

23 Replies
Nita  Venter

Hello team , I am following this thread. We are experiencing the same issue. Has there been any solutions.

All was well when the original .story was created in SL in 2015 and published as Flash, since the update to 360 (HTML5 with Flash fallback) , the video starts and stops intermittently (then Navigation also freezes) on the all the MP4 videos in the modules. (The client has LearnDash as an LMS.)

In the interim, I will republish and test in SCORMCloud to see if it is perhaps the client server.

Brad Kutmas

Any fixes to this issue? We had 16 stable 4-hour courses developed in storyline 2, which worked great, however with Flash phasing out, we have no choice but to switch with flash fallback publishing. In Chrome, even with "allow sites to run flash" and "don't ask" enabled, the courses freeze up after loading the first page. These course have quite a bit of .mov files on slides and layers. 

M Helm

Any fix to this. I am upgrading old course to html5/Flash. Stalls on LMS and locally just before video slide. Even just preview to the slide before a video does the same. Also .. yes.. i've tried it on ScormCloud. The video below shows screens before and after screen 6  (Video) fine until I actually choose the video screen.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi M!

Thanks for testing in SCORM Cloud and letting us know that you were able to see the issue there as well. The video that you shared was certainly helpful.

Curious if you may be running into an issue with the pre-loading as you are jumping around the course. Do you experience the same issue if you approach the course as designed by going through with the Next button?

Since you are able to replicate, I would advise reaching out and sharing your .story file with our team here.

Brad Kutmas

I've tested the course in Scormcloud, Moodle and Cornerstone; all behave the same and will lock up as soon as you click anywhere. We reverted back to flash only publishing until someone from the Articulate team can provide some insight. I created a ticket and someone is currently looking into it.

Crystal Horn

Hi everyone!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.

We had talked about how lots of videos in a course could cause slides to lag or lock up in HTML5 output, and they could be sized or positioned incorrectly during preview.  Those issues have been addressed!

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to reach out to our support team!