Storyline 360: Combine multiple Try Mode steps/slides into one Try Mode with multiple steps

May 29, 2018

I've inherited a Storyline 360 project where each step in the menu is one step of the Try Mode. There are numerous steps. I'd like to have only one menu item for all of them. I know I can remove all the slides in the menu except one, but do all the steps all need to remain as separate slides? Is manually modifying the triggers on each of these successive slides the only way to get the navigation to work properly? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Caroline, 

The try mode slides are created based on the interactions captured during the screen recording, so they'll all be separate slides to have the user try them and see appropriate feedback if needed. 

I wouldn't recommend making too many edits to triggers and the built-in set up, to ensure that it'll continue to work as you'd expect but you can see the pieces here that you could edit. 

Caroline Bennett

Hi Ashley:

Thank you for the follow up. Yes, I reviewed that article, but thanks for pointing it out.

There is not much you can do to a screen cast, once it's recorded.

Overall and at this time, I've concluded that it's a bit tedious to make revisions to a Storyline Try Mode sequence of screens, as compared to the features/functionality available in a competitor's tool, and the competitor's tool offers more functionality.

Caroline

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.