Storyline 360: Content jumping between Slides

May 17, 2018

Hey there, 

we are currently facing a very strange behaviour of SL 360. 

In Preview as well as in exported files, the content of the slides jumps a little bit when clicking the "next" button (lika a hiccup). It is not a general bug as other courses work well. 

We've already deleted different Master Slides etc. But it didn't help.

Has anybody experienced a similar behaviour und knows how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
Christina Lauer

Dear Leslie,

thanks for your reply.

In the meantime we found out, that our custom-made next/previous-buttons were the reason for this behavior.

We partly placed them outside the slide for design reasons (rounded corner on top, not rounded on the bottom). This did not have an impact in former versions of SL 360, but seemed to become a problem with one of the updates. 

We now placed the buttons on the slide - no more hiccup :).

Best regards

Christina 

Debra Lieber

I just posted an article with a similar issue, however I did update my version  and its still occurring.  I changed the next and previous button to remove them and no difference, I also changed the players which also did not make a difference.  I shared my .story file with support but I am not getting very far but they are trying to help.

Monica Caetano

Hey, 
I have a similar problem.
In my project, I created a trigger to show the correct or incorrect layer when the user clicks button1.
When I preview and select 'Preview This slide', everything works perfectly. 
When I publish or preview the entire project, It shows the correct or incorrect layer for less than a second and jumps automatically to the next slide. (next slide only according to slides automatic numeration, as the slides don't have any connection between them). 
I already checked all triggers, buttons, and variables and I can't find anything connecting the slides.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Monica.  To cover our bases, can you check the Feedback master layouts for the correct and incorrect layers?  Triggers can be buried there, and they won't show on the actual slide using the layout.  Let me know what you see!

If that doesn't work, with your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here.  I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.