Storyline 360 Course Map Issues with HMTL5 First

Apr 08, 2017

Hello!

Recently while I was testing a course, I noticed that Storyline 360 is not saving the learners progress on the course map during bookmarking. When opening the course after closing it, you will return to the correct screen, but all previous screens on the course map become locked again. After some more testing, this only seems to happen when the course is set to "Always Resume," "Html5 with Flash fallback," and "Restricted" Course Map navigation. This course was published for SCORM 1.2 and was tested on SCORM cloud.

I can not reproduce this issue while using Flash first publishing or using the "Prompt to Resume" resume option.

Here is an example course if you would like to test it. Simply click next through a page or two, close the course, re-open the course from the LMS, and try to jump back a page using the course map. When re-opening the course for me I will return to the correct page but the course map is fully locked and will not allow the user to visit a previously completed screen.

10 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello Mark!  Sorry that you've hit this bump, especially for your users who are returning to a course that has been locked up again.  

We are currently investigating this issue with navigation in HTML5 when your learners resume the course.  Thank you so much for the example output; we can include this in our testing.  The current workarounds are to set your Player Menu to Free navigation, or to use Flash first publishing output.  

I'm going to tag this discussion in our documentation so that we can keep you updated on any changes.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how learners couldn't revisit slides they already viewed after resuming an HTML5 course with restricted navigation.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Michael Mercier

This issue does not seem to have been fixed. I have updated to the latest version of Storyline 360 (June 1, 2017 Build 3.6.11979.0) but am still seeing this issue when "always resume" is turned on in the HTML5 version. Any slides viewed in a previous session are marked as unseen in the menu. This happens whether the navigation is set to free or restricted. This is more of an issue with restricted menus because it does not allow the user to go back to content they have already completed.

Michael Mercier

This issue can easily be replicated creating a course with multiple slides. I have attached one just in case. The course is being uploaded to an LMS. The issue happens in both my LMS and SCORM Cloud. It happens in all browsers. It seems to only affect the HTML5 versions of the course. Both the Flash and Responsive Mobile players show seen content as seen in the menu. The HTML5 version only works correctly when using "Prompt to resume" instead of "Always resume."

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael, I have good news for you! We enhanced the restricted navigation feature in Update 7, and we included a fix for the issue with accessing previously viewed slides from the menu. 

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.