Storyline 360 Courses Hang Up on Brainshark LMS

Oct 05, 2017

Hello, all:

My client is running our SCORM 1.2 courses built in Storyline 360 on their Brainshark LMS. Random slides will stop and hang and users must close the course. Upon relaunching, sometimes the "resume where you left off" function works, and sometimes that prompt doesn't appear, which means users must start the course over from the beginning. Occasionally, the course will function properly until nearly the last slide, then will start hanging/freezing. It does not consistently happen with the same slides--it's random behavior.

This happens across Chrome and IE running on PCs. I was able to replicate in SCORM Cloud.

Ready for the twist? These behaviors do not happen when a Storyline 2 course is tested in the same Brainshark environment and using the same browsers and hardware.

I'm curious if this is a known bug with the latest release of Storyline 360 (v3.8.13281.0), and if there is a fix available. I'd rather not have to retropublish all these courses in Storyline 2, but I suspect that's the only viable option. Any and all insights are welcome.

Thanks!

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ashley,

It doesn't sound familiar to me, but if it's happening in SCORM Cloud too it sounds like something we want to take a look at. I'll start a case for you with our Support team - and we'll want to see your .story file. 

Also, Articulate 360 just had an update yesterday - it included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.