Storyline 360 crashes

Feb 07, 2017

So I am new to Articulate and finally made the leap. 

I am having trouble with the storyline360 being stable  .... It crashes constantly. I have created a fake course with one slide just to test and it crashes.
I have confirmed I have the most up to date version. I also uninstalled it 4 times and reinstalled it each time. Is this a known issue for some users with unique settings or OS?

15 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Philip and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :) 

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. We do have a known issue for Windows 7 utilizing the Windows Classic Theme that you can read about here.

Outside of that, it may be something you'd want to work with our support engineers on here because that's certainly not the behavior we want you to experience.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jef and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sorry to hear that you ran into difficulty with this. Are you working on the same project file or are you having difficulty with any file within your software right now?

If the same file, I'd advice to import into a new file to see if this alleviates the issue. 

If across files, a repair may be best.

Sherri Sagers

I've tried a couple other projects and I can't get it to happen every time in the other projects. It has happened several times, but not consistently. Almost all the slides have been imported, so I wondered if it had to do with imported master slides. I'll let you know if I find more definite steps.

For now, it happens enough that I hold my breath every time I need to crop an image in a master slide. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into this Sherri. Let us know if you are able to find steps that we could use to replicate it (a particular photo, cropping direction, template used, etc.). 

Also, it's a good idea to make sure the auto recovery is enabled, so that if Storyline does crash you're able to recover your work. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.