Storyline 360 crashes when I try to copy and paste an Input (checkbox or radio button)

Aug 28, 2017

Hi there,

I had this problem in Storyline 2 sometimes and now that I have upgraded to 360 I am dealing with it consistently. I like to build my own question slides by converting regular slides to Freeform slides. I usually use buttons but occasionally prefer the check boxes or radio buttons. Once I format one with the look and feel I want (design, states, etc) I want to be able to copy and paste them a few times to line up with the different options I have on the screen. Each time I try to paste, the whole system crashes and I have to reopen storyline and hope my work was saved. Any idea why this is? Any workarounds besides creating them one at a time? Trying to work smart here and if it would work, my way is much faster. 

Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

29 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, thanks for letting us know what's going on! I'm sorry this has been causing you headaches. I've tried recreating the problem in Storyline 360, but I haven't had any luck so far. 

Would you be able to record a Peek of what happens when you try to copy/paste input objects from one slide to another? That would be really helpful!

Katie Duncan

I have been having the same problem as well, it doesn't even do the normal 'Storyline might close' window where you can send a report - it just flat out closes itself.

What I have been doing is inserting as many radio buttons as I need on a slide and then styling one and using the format painter to copy the style to the others in my project, which works great. It is just annoying because sometimes I forget I can't copy and paste them and then it closes and I have to restart from my last save point.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Katie,

Glad you were able to find a way to work around the issue you were experiencing.

I do not see where we got confirmation of the behavior or were able to recreate it, so if you have some steps to help us in understanding the underlying issue - that would certainly help in our ability to get this resolved.

Thanks so much!

Vanessa Barnes

I have installed the latest update of SL360. Every time I go to paste a radio button it crashes. I've been able to copy and paste radio buttons previously. I will go with the work around above (create a new radio button and use the format paintbrush). However, I still need to go in to the states of each button to tweak a few things (e.g. delete the hover state).

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Facundo and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :) 

This is still an open issue with our team, so I do not have an update to provide. This thread is attached to the report so that we can pop in and share an update with you when we can.

We do have a workaround listed. When you re-create the text box at the slide master level, this restores the ability to copy and paste.

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 20 for Storyline 360! It includes lots of improvements - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where Storyline would crash when copying and pasting the checkbox radio button.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.