Storyline 360 crashing after May 2020 update?

May 07, 2020

Hi there:

Is anyone else getting a lot of inexplicable crashes in Storyline 360 after doing the May 2020 update this week?

My file is now crashing every 30 minutes or so, and I'm not doing anything different from what I was doing before the update when the file was stable.

Anyone else having issues after the update?

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Coba,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some trouble with the latest update! I'd love to have our Support Team take a look at your crash logs to find the root cause of the issue. Can you connect with them by starting a case here? 

Once you do that, they'll walk you through gathering the logs and how to roll back to an earlier update so that you can keep working while we investigate. If you'd like to get a head start on those tasks these articles should help: 

Mac005 Asdu

Yes it is crashing all the time, I am getting really fed up of all the SL 360 issues and lack of 64 bit support for this product. I won't even start on the lack of MAC support.

Each update seems to bring more problems than it fixes!

Come on Storyline, provide your customers with a stable faster product.

I have only just updated from the DEC update as there were so many player issues with IE11. I will now roll back to April

Regards

Adam

EDIT

I have rolled back to April update and I still get the odd random crash with no warning. I have no issues with my computer or any other applications.

2nd EDIT

I have had to roll back to the December update as April the 7th is also crashing. The December update is working much better.

But what has happened to the 21st of April update? it has been removed, so only April the 7th is available. Can someone please tell us what is happening?

Vincent Scoma

Hi Andy,

Thank you for letting us know! I am sorry that you are running into a roadblock when working on Storyline projects. I am glad to hear that you have opened a Support Case with our team. You are in good hands with Philham and I see that he provided some next steps in your case. I would encourage you to keep working with him! 

Please let us know if you have any questions! 

Matthias  Hankel

I am suffering immediate crashes since april 2020, only when opening the player settings. 
I am using the latest storyline 360 version. I uninstalled and installed again. Its a company Notebook with windows 10. On my other notebooks it is working well under win.10 and win 8.1. 

The error-log is stating, that it has to do with two things:
1. Application Error: - Flash.ocx, Version: 32.0.0.330, Zeitstempel: 0x5e2f71c6
2. .NET Runtime Error

See Details in the file attached. 

My IT-Department did not find the solution yet. 

Thank your for your friendly help. 

Matt

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.