Storyline 360 crashing when recording screens

Apr 23, 2019

Is there a max file size or something?  Or a way to reduce the file size?  I assume that is why SL keeps crashing whenever I record screens.  Does anyone have another reason?  

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into some crashing in Storyline 360 when working with screen recordings.

• Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?
  • Is it crashing while creating the recording or once the slides have been adding and you are editing?
Janelle Young

The crashing has happened on more than one course. I record the screens and once I click done on the recording screen the entire app shuts down.  It does not save any work that I may have done since the last save, and does not open as a recovered file.  It basically opens to the last saved version.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Janelle, 

I'm sorry this issue is still plaguing you! A few other things it would be helpful for you to check on: 

If Storyline continues to crash, please let me know if you need help connecting with our Support Team. They can work with you one-on-one to pull error logs and crash reports.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.