Storyline 360: Cursor in the recorded screen

Aug 11, 2020

Hi eLearning heroes,

I have a question regarding the cursor behavior in a recorded screen. I started a brand new project with recorded screen, then inserted the recording as step-by-step slides in test mode. For the hotspot slides, everything works, but I need some help with the so called untitled slide, where no click is required and the recording will simply play. 

Seems that Storyline hides the original cursor from the recording in those slides. I could see the recording keep playing, but it's hard to follow where the mouse is hovering or moving to. Meanwhile, some of the untitled slide do show the cursor. I couldn't figure out where I can configure the behavior. Would you help?

I'm new to Articulate, but hopefully you could see the published project here: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/3737ce52-27c3-45d0-ac0b-459db5826e73/review

Thank you.  

Rui

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Greetings, Rui!

Thanks for taking the time to share your slides with us, and I'm sorry you ran into this.

We have an open issue in Storyline 360 where a cursor from a screen recording won't appear even with the Show Hand Cursor on Hover option enabled on a hotspot.

I'll share your findings with the team and notify you of any changes. Here's a peek into our process:

In the meantime, we're happy to troubleshoot your file for any tailored options. If you could share the .story file, please use this private upload link.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.