Storyline 360 - Drag and Drop Issue

Nov 30, 2016

I have recently upgraded to Storyline 360 and have just encountered my first issue. I have set up a drag and drop screen with and 2 drop zones and ~13 drag items. When you drag an item onto the correct zone it gets stuck to the cursor and does not drop properly.

I have played around with revealing items one at a time and letting items drop on incorrect drop zones, but to no avail.

I know it is still new but still any help would be appreciated.

80 Replies
Irina Poloubessov

Dear Articulate people,

I have a really strange issue:
I made a new rounded rectangles that work fine when being dropped, and the same rounded rectangles pasted from a different project (where I got the bug) - do not work correctly (drop incorrect won't stick)

Is there a way to fix it without recreating everything from scratch? The file attached.
(the blue rectangles are new and work as expected, the colored - the incorrect drop won't stick to target, though the triggers are the same as with blue rectangles). Many thanks!

Ren Gomez

Hi Irina,

Thanks so much for sharing your file! If you look at the Normal state of the drag item, you'll notice that it's much smaller than your other states.

Click on Edit States and select the Normal state. If you click underneath the shape, you'll notice there's an invisible rectangle. Once you delete it, you should be good to go!

Ewan Chamings

Just adding my experiences here incase it helps anyone.

This thread helped me but my issue turned out to be because the drop target I was using was part of a larger group.

As soon as I ungrouped the drop target from it's other layout components (a biger text box and another drop target), the issue went away and they snap into place normally.