Storyline 360 - Drag and Drop + Marker Issue

May 14, 2020

I am building a drag and drop interaction where I want to drag an image that has a marker attached to it (which gives more info on image). If I group the image and the marker together, the marker doesn't work correctly and it is difficult to get the marker info to show (ideally, I would like these markers to show on hover). I don't want to have to leave the marker in the original position. 

Is there a way to get around this as it is the grouping of the two components which is causing the issue? 

Any help would be appreciated!

8 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Alice,

Thank you for reaching out! 

I created a similar setup in a sample course and I am running into some oddities when grouping markers. Would you be able to share a screen recording of the issue so I can see if I am experiencing the same behavior? 

In the meantime, are you able to apply Walt's workaround to the hover state of the shape as well? I followed the steps that Walt provided and copied/pasted the marker to my Normal and Hover state of the shape when editing. Here is how it looks on my side: 

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions! 

Alice Hall

Hi Vincent, 

Thanks for your reply.

I've attached a screen recording of my project. I think I'm unable to use the markers on the hover state as my marker is directly on top of the image? I've used Walt's workaround for now but wanted to be able to make it super obvious the learner is hovering on one specific image. Will definitely do for now though so thanks! 

Alice

Vincent Scoma

Hi Alice,

Thank you for sharing that screen recording! 

That helps out greatly as I continue to look into this further. For the first image with the marker where the information details don't appear, is that a grouped object? 

I am happy to hear that the workaround is helping in the meantime. Please let us know if you have any questions! 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Alice!

I'm having a difficult time recreating the error with the markers. Would it be possible for you to share the affected file with us?

You can share the file two ways:

• Add the .story file to this discussion by using the "Add Attachment" button.
  • Use this private link to upload your course for our Support Engineers to take a look

Either way, we'll take a look at share our findings!

Also, I did try to recreate the issue with the zoom on the picture, but the zoom didn't disappear on my end. Here's a screen recording of the interaction. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.