6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community, Alyson!

First, smart move on going through those PowerPoint import fail troubleshooting steps! I did want to note that Click-to-Run versions and Office 365 web apps are not supported, but local versions of Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or later (32-bit or 64-bit) are. If everything checks out, can you help us with:

• Are you able to open the PowerPoint file on its own? 
  • Do you hit this notice with a new PowerPoint file, or does it only happen with this particular one?
  • Here's the link to share your PowerPoint file privately with our Support Engineers! They'll take a closer look and let you know what they find!

We'll be standing by!

Shari Centrone

Yes, I can open the PPT file just fine. I also tried the steps of reusing slides in a new doc, checked for errors in file. And I use a local desktop version of PPT. I have had other errors with other files sometimes but have worked through them for the most part. This is the only one with this error that I cannot seem to get around.

Melanie Chin

I am having an issue with importing also, although it may be something different.  My company forced us to "upgrade" to Office 365 ProPlus a couple of months ago and since then, I have not been able to import PowerPoint presentations. 

I did some testing and I was able to get it to work on a Personal version of Office 365.  So it's something about the ProPlus version. 

I've been working with out IT team for a while now, but they cannot determine what is causing the problem. 

When I import, everything works fine, but the slides are blank, except for a blank text box.  It doesn't matter which PPT file I import, they all do the same thing.  i've included the latest PPT slides and the SL file. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Melanie, 

I was able to import your Powerpoint into Storyline (attached for you).  When I look for more detail on the differences between Office 365 personal and ProPlus, it seems the latter is an option for teams or individuals who need to install on more than one computer or to allow for various options for IT teams to deploy the installations. Do you know if your team has done anything outside of a standard installation of the program locally? Are files also being stored/saved locally? 

I'd look into those areas with your IT team, but please let me know if you need any other help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.