Storyline 360 Exporting Videos

Aug 16, 2019

Hello,

A co-worker is having problems with exporting videos from Storyline 360, has anyone else experienced this?  If so, is there a solution?

Thanks,

Andrea

5 Replies
Andrea Marlow

Unfortunately, they are out today so I do not know all the specifics.  I should of waited to learn more before I posted this.  All he mentioned in an email when I shared other issues and fixes, that he was having problems exporting videos.  

I'll post more next week.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Gerry Wasiluk

Layers that normally depend on the learner interacting with the course (e.g., click something to show the layer) will not show unless there are replaced by a  trigger that automatically causes the layer to show (e.g, show layer when timeline reaches X seconds, show layer when timeline ends on the base layer, etc.).

Tom Szymanski

I'm having a similar issue with a slide featuring layers, but it's manifesting differently.

My slide has elements with audio throughout the base layer, then a trigger near the end of the base layer to show a slide layer. The slide layer functions perfectly within the video.

But the audio on the base layer gets pushed to the end of the slide, after the timeline on the slide layer is over. So, the video is actually longer than the combined timelines of the base and slide layer, and the audio on the base layer doesn't match the visuals at all!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Tom,

Thanks for chiming in and sharing what you are experiencing with your project file. 

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.