Storyline 360 Eyedropper only sees black

Apr 05, 2017

No matter what color I  hover over, it won't change from black.

SL360 Screenshot

25 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Steve - it's always curious to me what people listen too, a little easy jazz for the day? 

I didn't seen anything off in your video, and followed the same exact steps and my eyedropper starts out white until I click on something and then it takes on that color. You mentioned doing the repair, which is a good first step and so I'd like to have our Support Team work to see what's happening on your system. I'm going to start a case on your behalf, so you'll get an email shortly from Support@articulate.com 

Bethany Daniels

Hi Ashley,

Were you able to resolve Steve's issue? I seem to be experiencing something similar, except white is the only color the eyedropper is picking up. I have the latest build installed, have restarted my computer, but no luck so far. Thanks!

I've attached my Peek video and have left additional comments in the review tool.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/3e7927f8-a33d-4ad3-af73-8b4c799afab6/review

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bethany,

Steve was advised by our team to do some additional repair steps and if it still wasn't working to come back to our Support Engineers.  

It looks like from your video the teal did take when you grabbed it from the circle and it updated your background. The Peek video also shows the text individual colors, and I saw how it was showing white behind that, but I'd be curious to see your file to understand where that white was coming from. I tested the same thing in my own files, and it did pick up the other colors. It's worth noting that the eyedropper tool isn't picking up the color from where the box is, but where the pointer end of the eye dropper is. 

Let me know if you still need help! 

Vincent Scoma

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to provide an update that we released the newest version of Storyline 360, build 3.30.19518.0. The issue with the eyedropper not working with multiple monitors has been resolved in this release!

The first step is to update Storyline 360. Head over to the desktop app and click the "Update" button for Storyline. More detail here.

As always, if you have any questions go ahead and post them in this discussion or reach out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Katie Riggio

Hi, Steve!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry to hear the eyedropper issue is still there. Because you already updated, this is a great opportunity for our Support team to jump in! I opened a case on your behalf so we can take a second look.

Keep an eye out for an email from the team, and I'll also follow along to share what we find out!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Katherine,

I wanted to pop in to let you know we've released a fix for this issue in Storyline 3 where the color picker was not working properly when there's more than one monitor. You'll find that fix available in the latest update to Storyline 3, which is Build 3.7.20003.0.

To install the latest update to Storyline 3, download it here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.