Storyline 360 failed to install

Nov 07, 2017

Hi Guys,

Am keen to get into my trial version of Storyline 360. Currently receiving the following error code (that I haven't yet found on forum):

I have an AMD A8 with 8GB ram running windows 10.

Kind Regards,

Steve.

15 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry you've run into this error with installing Storyline 360! I've seen that error message before, and it's something that our Support Engineers can help with by also gathering some system logs to see exactly what is causing it. 

I've opened a case for you, and they'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

Hi Amy,

Have you run into issues installing Storyline 360? I'd love to have our Support Engineers help you look into what could be blocking the install. I haven't heard of a particular device restricting access, but you may want to share the information here with your IT team on what ports and endpoints to authorize.

Hi Heidi,

I saw the responses for your first case from Feb 5th and it looks like my colleague Renato replied, and you had a couple exchanges back and forth. Were you able to go through the steps he shared of?

I understand that you're unable to install Storyline 360. 

I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having. Let's get that fixed. Please check the common reasons and its solution in the following article. 

https://www.articulate.com/support/article/How-to-Solve-an-Error-Installing-Updating-or-Uninstalling-Articulate-360-Apps 

If not, please let him know and he'll continue to work one on one with you. I also see your latest case from Feb 7th, so I'll let him know that you opened a new one so that we can keep them connected and resolve the issue. 

Luke Benfield

Hi everyone,

I was having this issue with the same error code. Was working with Articulate Support and following their steps, with no luck so far.

However, I did find a fix and wanted to post and share.

I was installing 360 desktop on a new machine. The desktop app installed fine, but I would get an error with the above code if I tried to install any of the apps.

Since it was a new, personal machine I didn't think to create a separate user account beyond the default admin. And that was the fix - I set up an additional windows user account, made the new account an administrator, and everything worked.

I recommend adding that to the checklist if a user is installing on a new machine. Hope that helps someone in the future.

MARK DIGIACOMO

Download and run this tool from Microsoft to fix issues with uninstalling or installing apps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

After running the Microsoft tool, restart the computer. After restarting, try to install the Articulate 360 Desktop app again and see if that works.

I tried a million other solutions before finding that this works!

Nathan Leavitt

As of v41 I am unable to use the Articulate 360 app to install any software.

I tried the link offered by Mark DiGiacomo and sadly it didn't work for me. At the point where it asked me what app I was having trouble installing, it only asked me about Articulate 360. It did not ask my about Storyline 360. Articulate 360 is no problem for me to install. Storyline is the problem.

SOLUTION: I was able to install it by going to Articulate's MSI page and downloading the individual packages.