Storyline 360 Falsely Reporting Missing Fonts

Jun 14, 2020

Hi all,

Is anyone still getting the font error messages when opening some of their projects?  I know this has been an issue for a number of years (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/missing-fonts-according-to-storyline-but-fonts-exist-in-system - from 3 years ago) but I am still getting error messages. 

The font I've installed on my system for a client is Helvetica variants.  I've reinstalled the font packs, restarted my system several times, and even reinstalled Storyline, but it is convinced that the fonts don't exist.  I am surprised the error has not been fixed in 3 years.

Any chance anyone has any advice for a workaround, and can this get looked at by the Articulate dev team to finally get it resolved, as it is hugely frustrating.

Thanks! :)

Phil

2 Replies
Sam Hill

It seems that sometimes the font names, whilst the same, do not match up exactly and can depend on getting the version of the font the original author used.

Whilst drastic, in the past, I have changed .story to .zip an extracted the archive file and found and replaced the font name it is looking for with the one that matched my system. Re-compressed and changed back from .zip to .story. always backup first :)

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Phil and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for contacting us and sharing what you are running into with your project files.

It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting, so I recommend working directly with one of our support engineers on this.

I've opened up a support case on your behalf and shared the details posted here. You should be hearing from someone soon.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.