Storyline 360 File toolbar/menu not active

Jan 06, 2020

I'm having a recurring issue: when I open Storyline 360 the File, Home, Insert, Slides, and Design toolbars are not active, but the Transitions, Animations, View, and Help toolbars are active. I can't click on any of the inactive toolbarsThis means I can't open any of the inactive toolbars, so Storyline 360 is only partially functional.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there any way to fix it beyond uninstalling Storyline 360?

Thank you.

7 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Wally. So sorry you hit this oddity!

I ran a quick test in Storyline 360 (Update 35), where the tools appear active. We like starting with a simple repair since a fresh copy of the app typically does the trick in these scenarios. 

Let me know if that doesn't help. We'll explore our next course of action from there!

Wally Hobbs

Just in case anyone else has this problem, my colleague helped me find a workaround:

I work on multiple monitors, and I undock the timeline, slide layers, and trigger panel. I have been able to fix this issue on several files by simply moving the undocked timeline to my main display, and then dragging it back to the extended display. After I do that all the menus/toolbars are functional again.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.