Storyline 360 file will not open.

Oct 28, 2021

Hi everyone.

I have been working on a piece of work for weeks now, and I've saved it without issue each time I've added more content.

Today, I've attempted to open it, and I'm getting an error that states This project is invalid or corrupt and cannot be opened. See screenshot attahched.

The last thing I did was use the find and replace to remove weird fonts that were added after adding a menu slide from the resources area of ELearning Heroes. I saved it and closed it, and now I have an issue opening it again.

I have only used Storyline 360, and so there is no way it could have been caused by cross versions of storyline. 

I don't see any recovery versions of the file either at the location:

AppData\Roaming\Articulate\Storyline

Please can someone help as I'm fearing I've just lost a project build that has taken weeks so far.

Thank you ever so much in advance.

Ray.

1 Reply
Becca Levan

I'm so sorry for the panic this has brought, Ray! 

It sounds like you've already followed the steps below to check for temp files:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of the project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

I spotted the support case you opened with us, and I see my teammate Jose is investigating the files you shared. We will reach out with an update shortly!