Storyline 360 file won't publish

Apr 27, 2020

I need to publish a storyline file and I get an error one one file. The other 2 files published fine. I have shutdown, I have imported the slides into a fresh story, nothing is working. 

Thanks.

2 Replies
Vincent Pincaro

Hello, Robyn!

I can only imagine how weird it feels when a file is not publishing as expected. 

It was essential you've noticed that two other files can publish. Good thing that you've also performed a couple of steps to attempt fixing it. We now have a hint that the issue is pointing to the file and from there, we can start isolating.

Let's try or check the following:

• You've mentioned having "imported the slides into a fresh story." You may double-check if this is following Articulate's recommended method of doing it. 
  • Does the file have a long name? (I hope it's not more than 260 characters long). Let's attempt changing the name to something short and without any symbols or special characters. This unbelievable step has helped many of our community members here. 
  • Is the file stored in a network drive or storage hooked to your machine? (flash drive or external hard drive). Let's try having that file sit in your local hard drive and publish it from there. Moving forward, always do this as a recommendation from Articulate's developers. 
  • How many slides does that file have? There could be a slide or objects in it that's causing the error. Data corruption can seldomly occur in a file but can be fixed by recreation most of the time. You may attempt "Process of Elimination" when practical, by removing slides one by one or in sets and see if it publishes. You might also have published the file successfully with previous versions or iterations before. This will give you an idea to isolate more efficiently and effectively. 

After trying all these and the issue remains, please feel free to share the file here and also include the screenshot of the error message that shows up when publishing if that is okay with you. If you need one of Articulate's engineers to look at it, you may reach out to them

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.