Storyline 360 font issue when html5 only

Dec 12, 2016

Hello,

I am having an issue when publishing out to "html5 only" where the font in the file is not reflected in the html5 output. See attached images. One showing the storyline file using Museo Sans 500 font. One showing the html5 output without that font showing up. Flash version as usual is fine if I export to Flash default. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan

31 Replies
Jeff Sandeen

Was the file published with the latest version of Storyline?         I first published with  version 2: 3.2.13213.0, then I tried with 4: 3.4.15731.0  same behavior. 

Is the published output file hosted on a learning management system or a web server?       We had the files hosted on a SharePoint site which is where we started seeing the problem, I have been testing it out of the publish directory on my hard drive and I am seeing exactly the same behavior.

Does this font substitution happen on all web browsers, or just browsers in particular?     It happens on both IE and Chrome

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks so much for those details, Jeff. It sounds like this problem doesn't happen when you preview the file within Storyline, is that right? 

There are two more things I would like you to try:

1. Is the heading font bolded? If so, remove the bold formatting. Does this solve the font rendering issue? If not...
  2. Try enabling or disabling Modern Text, and let me know if that makes a difference. 
Katie Riggio

Hello there, Rodney!

Since this discussion is older, I have a few quick questions to make sure you get up-to-date support:

• What version of Storyline 360 are you using? Click on the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • What font are you using?
  • Do you see the problem in the published output, during preview, or both?

I appreciate any extra clues! In the meantime, here are a few related ideas that may help:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.