Storyline 360 freezes after opening

Apr 15, 2020

Hi all--

I am new to Storyline 360. I was doing some training videos on tuesday and all worked fine.  Yesterday I opened my Storyline 360 and when I tried to add a character, the software froze.  I had to use task manager to close the program and start over.  I did this several times with different files, trying different tasks when in Storyline, etc.  Each time, my files open but the first time I try to add something (picture, character, trigger, text, etc), the program freezes.  

I tried restarting my computer, updating the software, etc and nothing has changed the situation.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Kim

1 Reply
Vincent Scoma

Hi Kim,

Oh no! That doesn't sound quite right. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this! 

Since it seems to be affecting each file you are working on, it may help to try a simple repair of Storyline. You can find more details on how to do this here: 

Just to rule this out, are the courses located on your local hard drive? Working on a network drive or an external USB drive can also cause erratic behavior due to latency. 

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.