Storyline 360 Glitch - Prev/Next buttons not appearing or appearing weird

Apr 05, 2017

About a year ago, I created a Corporate Compliance eLearning with interactive videos, scenarios, and much more. None of the users experienced any issues, and things were appearing as they should.

Fast forward to April 2017, users are now experiencing weird issues with the Next and Previous buttons. They USED TO appear as < PREV and NEXT >. Now they appear crazy! See the attachments. Words are randomly lowercase that used to be capitalized. Sometimes the words PREV and SUBMIT don't even appear on the button when published. However, everything looks correct in the Player Settings...just not the actual eLearning when published. 

Some of text on the screen is also appearing wonky. It will initially appear as intended, but then 1-2 seconds into the slide, it will shrink and change style. See the attachment that looks like a Post-It note.

Many of the animations are not appearing correctly either. 

I tried republishing in Storyline 360, and things are still a mess.

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hm, that's so odd! We definitely wouldn't expect that to happen to your player buttons. I have a few questions that'll help me narrow down why this could be happening:

• Is it possible that you're working from a network or external drive? Those are known to cause problems, so you'll want to work from your local drive.
  • Was this file originally created in Storyline 2 then upgraded to Storyline 360?
  • Did you start seeing the issues after publishing the file with Storyline 360, or before? 
  • Are you using the default player or a custom one?

If you're already working locally, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try before we get you into a case:

Give those a try, and let me know how it goes! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.