Storyline 360 HTML Course Player button disappears in browser

Mar 10, 2021

I have seen articles on this, yet no resolution.

I am using SL 360 posting it to a SumTotal LMS with Chrome 89 and have the latest version of SL installed. The player start and stop icon disappears in Chrome browser on our LMS. It shows up on the slides with video - but is absent on every other slide. I will have to use an older, legacy player if I cannot get this issue resolved. Please advise.

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Melissa!

Thank you for attaching the screenshot to your post! I'd like to know more about the project you're working on.

Do you have media on all of the slides? By default, the play/pause control will appear near the seekbar on all slides with media. If the slides don't have media and you'd like the play/pause control to appear, then you'd need to select this option in the Player Properties. 

Also, are player controls missing when viewing the course outside of SubTotal? For example, on a website or Review 360.

Lastly, if the controls are missing even though the play/pause button is selected to show on every slide, then we'd like to take a look at your project. Are you comfortable uploading the .story file to our team using a support case?