Storyline 360 - Incorrect Font Awesome symbol shows in preview/publish

Nov 18, 2016

When attempting to use the Font Awesome icon font, inserting a symbol into Storyline 360 works fine, however, a completely different icon is displayed during preview or publish.

This works fine in Storyline 2. Has anyone else spotted this issue?

Here's a quick Peak recording of the issue. I will also report this as a bug.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/fe33c72b-943b-48c6-a4b7-14efc5e5164c/review

22 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there M,

Adam found that he had both the TTF and OTF installed, so he uninstalled both, reinstalled the TTF, rebooted, and everything began working correctly. It sounds like you have a different issue, since you have to reinstall the Font Awesome each time you open SL360. Are you using the TTF or the OTF? Try installing the TTF, if you haven't already, and uninstall the OTF if necessary. If you're still having trouble, I would reach out to our Support Engineers, and they'll be able to help you get to the bottom of this. 

Prospect Digital

I've atached the 'preview'' and 'Published' screen shots.  The bottom row are Photoshop png's. The 'black' row is straight Font Awesome type which works in Storyline 2. They outputted for html5/Flash. 

As Wendy said It looks like when published for html5 first, it does not include all fonts used. I've attached a third screenshot published to Flash first which works.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks so much for those screenshots, M. I can clearly see that the font is not displayed correctly in Preview and published with HTML5. I have sent all of this information to our Support Engineers to investigate further (case 01003119), so keep an eye on your inbox, and you'll receive an email from someone on the team shortly. I'll also follow along with the case and share updates here for anyone who may encounter a similar issue in the future. 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Ashley. Are you using Proxima Nova Light from Adobe Typekit, or did you download the font installer from somewhere else? 

We tested both the Adobe Typekit version, as well as another download version of Proxima Nova LT, and both fonts appeared normally in Preview and Publish on Windows 7.

Could you share your font installer file, or let us know where you found that font? We'd like to test the exact version you're using. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.