Storyline 360 is very laggy with Recolored photos

Feb 14, 2018

hello,

Storyline 360 is very laggy (slow) after putting high resolution photos (even from Content Library) on the stage and use "Recolor" options (drop-down menu --> "Format Picture") then choose preset and adjust brightness or contrast. In fact, when you put 3 or more on the stage, you almost can't do anything in editor. Especially moving, scaling, etc. objects. You must wait a few seconds before you see your result. Its like working on very old computer.
It's very annoying, because I must hide all my pictures to edit something on the stage (like text field).
It's just slowing my work in this program.

19 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Maciej.  I'm sorry for the slow performance.  We are investigating an issue with slow performance, especially once you've cropped the images and are using the other editing tools. It seems like the response gets slower with each edit.  I was able to reproduce this behavior in our latest update with 3 photos that I inserted from Content Library.

Thanks for giving a good description of what your process and experience has been.   I'm going to add your notes to our report so we can continue to understand what's happening.  I'll make sure to update this discussion with any new information!

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 17 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where Storyline started to respond slowly after cropping an inserted photo and changing its contrast value.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Maciej,

We've yet to see other reports of this after the previous fix 9 months ago. It's still an open issue with our team, but hasn't had a lot of movement based on the limited customers impacted and our team's inability to reproduce. 

Our team works hard to update all relevant discussions once a fix is available in an update, so we'll post here as soon as we have more information to share! 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Maciej. I was able to reproduce this issue in a new file, especially when there is more than one cropped photo on the slide. The current workaround is to crop the image and save it as a picture (right-click the image for this option). Insert the newly saved image on your slide, and then work with the formatting tools.

Leslie McKerchie

I'm glad that you were able to find this conversation and get the help you needed, Shirley.

This conversation is attached to our report and I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur. It's been a while since we've seen reports of this issue, so I've updated the report as well.

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes by the way :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.