Storyline 360 Keyboard Shortcuts

Feb 22, 2018

Hi there,

I've been reading up a bit on the Quick Access Toolbar but not fully understanding how to get it working or what it's purpose is other than moving a command button to a smaller menu bar. 

All I want to be able to do is move more than one layer back or forward with a hot key and I can't seem to figure it out. Currently if I want to highlight 3 layers and move them back 20 times until they are in the location I want them, I have to go up to Format > Arrange > Send Backward. To move 3 layers back 20 times, I have to make 60 mouse clicks. 

My other option is to click one layer and drag it the 20 layers down or up to get to the position I want it in. For whatever reason you can only click and drag one layer at a time up or down. Which is fine if unless I want to move 10 layers. 

Please. Anyone. If you know of a way to do what I'm asking please tell me. I've found this to be one of the most infuriating features missing from this program. I would forever be in your debt if you could explain this to me.

Thank you,

Dave

7 Replies
David Breen

Hey Phil,

I take it by your response there actually isn't a hot key for this? I was hoping I just couldn't figure it out. 

Thanks for the input. Am I also correct that Paste in Place does not work? I assumed Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V would paste my object in the same place but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks again.

Craig Hadden

Hi David. You mentioned layers, but do you mean objects on the slide (and therefore in the timeline), or layers in Layers panel? I assume you mean the former.

If so, then good news – I have an effective workaround for you: To drag more than one object vertically in the timeline, select all the objects you want to drag, press Ctrl+G (to group them), drag them up or down in the timeline, then press Ctrl+Shift+G (to ungroup them).

(Luckily, unlike in PowerPoint, this doesn't mess up any animations you've put on the objects.)

I hope that solves the issue you're experiencing.

David Breen

Hey Craig, 

Thanks for the input! I realized this a little while ago too. Just have to be careful when you're dragging the group up or down the timeline. If some of your objects in the group don't appear until later on in the timeline and you drag the group forward or back all the timing of when they appear goes out of whack. So just have to try and drag it perfectly up or down, which can be tricky.

Cheers,

Dave

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.