Storyline 360 lessons not marked complete in LMS

Feb 05, 2019

Hi,

I am having trouble with Storyline 360 courses that I upload to my LMS in SCORM 1.2 format. The lessons are short, information sharing style so trainees are required to click through the slides until they come to the end. They are then prompted to close the window as they have completed the lesson (there is no in-built assessment to the lessons).

However, when I do this (testing before releasing to trainees) and return to the LMS, the course is marked as 'incomplete' even though every slide has been viewed. I have gone back in and viewed then again and it still stays 'incomplete'.

When I do the same things with a Rise course, the lesson is marked as 'complete' in the LMS.

Is there anything I need to do in Storyline to set what needs to be done to satisfy that the lesson is complete?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Matt

4 Replies
Mark Banit

Hey Matt,

Do you have it set so that they have to view ALL slides? And do you have any slides being used as light boxes? Or maybe some slides in a separate scene that isn't being used? A few years ago I came across a similar issue, where a course a colleague created was set to require all slides be viewed but it wouldn't mark complete even when going through everything...turned out it was because there was a lightbox slide with navigation instructions that was linked from the players top menu (alongside Resources)..and if you didn't click that link, and thereby view the slide, it didn't consider it complete.

For trying to nail down the issue, I suggest starting with knocking down the # of required slides to be 5 less than the total number. i.e. if you have 41 slides, set it so that it is marked complete if 36 of the 41 have been viewed. If it completes fine after doing that, you know that there are slides somewhere that aren't being viewed.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are experiencing in your course.

It looks like Mark has popped in to help you out here.

Keep in mind if there is any branching in your slide, you want to track completion by the shortest path as well.

You may want to test the content in SCORM Cloud as well to rule out your LMS as the culprit.

If you decide you'd like us to take a look, then with your permission, please share your project file so we can investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Matthew Huntley

Hi Mark and Leslie,

Thank you both so much for this - you were absolutely right, Mark - it was due to a few lightbox slides being part of the completion criteria. D'oh!

Leslie - thank you so much for the advice on the branching as well - this will help out on one of my other lessons that I am creating at the moment. And I have used SCORM CLOUD on your advice previously to check a zip file from Rise, with the problem turning out to be the LMS.

I need to go live with the programme today so you have both massively helped me out here - really appreciate it!

Thank you again!

Matt

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.