Storyline 360 - Likert Scale Self-Assessment with Scoring Sort Categories

Jul 20, 2017

I'm looking to see if, and how to create a likert-like self-assessment with Storyline 360. We'd be looking to do roughly 20 questions each with a 1-5 rating scale.

Those 20 questions would be 'secretly' sub-assigned to 8 different assessment groupings. Meaning that Questions 7, 14 and 19 could fall into 1 category for scoring, where 2, 6 and 16 into another. 

We'd then want to yield total score results for each assessment grouping on a 8 or lower, 9-12 and 13-15 scale. 

I've looked through here and most references to doing this type of thing are 3+ years old, so I want to see if new systems have been set up with Storyline 360 or if those techniques are the approach to still take. 

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sean,

Great question! The same concepts still hold true, and you may want to take a look at the updated article and template by my colleague here on "How to Create  a Personality style assessment" as that sounds like it would match your Likert style set up.

I'd also suggest reaching out in the Building Better Courses side of ELH and see if there is anyone who can help! That side tends to focus more on design and how to. 

Good luck with your project - and if you're able to share it once done, we'd love to see it! 

Sean Matthew Leary

Hi Ashley,

Based on some stuff I picked up from that personality assessment I was able to successfully have the course create the four quizzes secretly while appearing to be 1 single quiz. It has the four results slides that it skips and 1 master results slide that populates all four results at the end. This works great, however this is my problem now. I want Storyline to hand over the 4 results as individual data points into our LMS, but it appears it can only pass 1 result. Any thoughts?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sean, 

Storyline can only send one completion element to your LMS (either the score of a results slide or that the user saw the required number of slides). 

Tracking multiple SCOs (Shareable Content Objects) isn't something that we currently support, but there are a few custom ideas linked in this article. It's pre-Articulate 360, so it hasn't been tested there. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.