Storyline 360 major lagging and crashing

Dec 18, 2017

I've submitted a couple of tickets and haven't heard back so I'm hoping someone in the community can help. 

I have anywhere from 2 to 15+ crashes a day as I work on an online course I'm on a huge deadline for. I'm saving often just in case, but even that takes forever and is costing huge time issues.

I also experience huge delays when working with objects on the screen. I will try to select a rectangle on the screen for example, and it takes a few seconds before the handles show and am able to move it or resize it on the screen. What should take a few seconds ends up taking minutes as I may think I moved one object and because it takes a while to "register," I will have moved another object, only to have to undo that mistake and try to get the object I need on the screen updated.

I've imported old projects into new. Tried scouring the boards for solutions and am at a loss. Thank you! It isn't just happening to me but others who work on other projects. 

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kathryn,

I'm so sorry you've run into trouble and that you had submitted a few tickets. I took a look and found one that Eloisa responded to you yesterday about, and one back in November that Robert replied too.

Part of the issue may be more than one Articulate ID/email address in use? I see that the case with Robert was your name but another email address (the same one you used to post this discussion). I'll share some information with Eloisa to see if she can help clear that up with you too! 

Eloisa shared some troubleshooting steps that you mentioned working through while traveling - so feel free to let her or I know if you have any other questions! 

Landon Salsberry

I am having a lot of problems with 3 project in Storyline 360 crashing constantly as well. I have can barely do any work in them before they crash, if any. I have opened a project and then just clicked save, and it crashes or does not respond. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline 360, restarted my computer, and changed the file name of my project. Nothing has worked. 

Any ideas what is going on here?

Bob O'Donnell

Get your IT person (if you have one) to do some basic PC troubleshooting too... make sure you have plenty of available "free" space on your computer to work with. Additionally, it doesn't hurt to have extra memory. Both of those will slow or impair software performance.

I was recently having a lag issue which was remedied with a memory upgrade.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sharon,

Our Support Engineers are happy to help too! You can reach out to them here, 24/7 and they'll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to help determine what is causing the crash.

Some general best practices to prevent odd behavior in Storyline are outlined here, and I'd also recommend to always use the latest update. Let me know what version of Storyline you're using and I can share the link here for that update!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Latoya.  I'm sure you have plenty to do without being slowed down.  We will definitely try to help out!

Do you notice the lagging consistently when you're performing any specific functions in Storyline?  For example, we have been able to document a distinct slowing down when formatting multiple pictures for Contrast and Brightness.

It might be a good idea to work one-on-one with our support team to try to isolate what's happening.  Let them know the troubleshooting steps you've taken and if you notice anything consistent about when the lagging occurs.

Sharon Blaschka

Thank you for your reply Ashley.  I have been working with the support team and they did find a bug in my project file.  I have sound effects in feedback masters that are causing some issues.  I put them there to try to reduce the file size but until the bug has been fixed, I will be moving them into the slides themselves.  Hopefully this will clear up all of my issues.   

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.