Storyline 360 : Multiple Object States on one Slide

May 04, 2019

I have 2 objects on one slide and I'm trying to add change states to both so that when the user clicks on one it will show an image and then they click on the other to see a different image but when I test it, when I click on the second object it does show the image correctly but the first object is over the top if it...even though I've hidden it on the state slide. I did a test and switched the images in the timeline and the same thing happens when I click on the first image - the second object is over the top of it. Is there a way to have more than 1 object state change on the same slide without this happening? (I've added screen shots to help support what I'm trying to explain)

9 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Nic,

In the attached example, I have placed two objects on the slide and added Hover and Selected states to each one. When you hover over either Object 1 or Object 2, the hover state for the appropriate object appears and the other object remains in its normal state.

If you select either object, you need to then move the mouse cursor off the object before the Selected state appears as, otherwise, it will still be showing the Hover state. Clicking back on the Selected state will deselect it and the object will return to the Normal state once you again move the mouse off it.

Not sure if this is exactly what you were after, but hope it helps.

Ned Whiteley

Hi Nic,

This is very strange as there is no reason why this should occur. All I can suggest is that you have a close look at your hover state for Object 2 just to make sure you haven't accidentally included a copy of Object 1 in it.

I know you said earlier that you couldn't include a copy of your Storyline file due to information confidentiality (which I fully understand), but is there any way you could provide a file with just a single slide, which includes the objects with all confidential information removed. Even if you have to replace the objects with coloured rectangles or other photos, it could help to solve your problem.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.